This is a delicious and super easy sauce recipe. It is highly nutritious and liked by the kids. This apple sauce recipe can be turned around in a jiffy.
You can make it without sugar or add jaggery. It carries the herbs and spices of India. It adds to the flavour, aroma, and antioxidant value of the recipe.
You can have this apple cranberry sauce with chapati, dosa, bread, rice, porridge, or just slurrp it alone!
Apple Cranberry Sauce – Chutney
- Heavy Bottom Pan
- 4 Fresh Apples Choose any – granny smith greens or red apples
- 1 Bowl Dried Cranberries Soak them in warm water for 15 mins to drain off all the oil and unwanted stuff
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 tsp Cinnamon powder Or 2 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 tbsp Jaggery Powder (optional) Or Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- Put all the ingredients together with 1 cup water in a heavy bototm pan.
- Cook on low heat for about 15 min or till apples turn soft.
- Let the mix cool down to normal temperature.
- Once the mix cools down, put it in a blender. Run till you get smooth and consistent mix.
- Add jaggery powder (optional) if the sauce is not as sweet as you would like. It depends on the type and sweetness of apples, which may vary with season.
We would love to hear from you! If you try this recipe, do leave a comment and rate the recipe! Don’t forget to take a photo, tag @medhyaherbals, and hashtag it #medhyaherbals on Instagram. Eat Well, Feel Happy, and Look Awesome!