Avocado is native to Central America and commercially grown in tropical and Mediterranean climates across the world. It has a rich creamy texture and almost bland taste, which blends very well with herbs, spices, grains, or dairy.
Along with Spinach and Broccoli, Avocado is considered as one of the superfoods, highly recommended for young children and pregnant women.
- Avocado is a unique nutritional powerhouse offering a high content of Folic Acid, Mono-Saturated – Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids,
- It is a good source of Vitamins K, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and B Vitamins like Vitamin B5 and Vitamin B6.
- It is a good source of Potassium, Proteins, Anti-Oxidants, and Fiber.
Avocado – One of the best fruits for all age groups – Benefits
- Regular consumption of Avocado promotes cardiovascular health by reducing cholesterol and providing one with healthy fatty acids.
- High content of Folate makes it ideal for the development of young children, nursing mothers, and pregnant women.
- Avocados are anti-inflammatory in nature. In fact, the high content of Vitamins lets Avocado be the special nourishing agent for skin resulting in a glowing effect with regular consumption.
- Avocados are rich in fat content and excessive consumption could lead to increased weight. However regular and leveled consumption of Avocados actually helps one maintain body BMI and reduce weight since it improves the digestion system and provides healthy fatty acids.
Recipe Suggestions and Consumption
Since Avocado tastes the best when ripe, it is important to know how to choose and of timing for its consumption.
1. For children, who are fussy eaters, ripe ones are a great ingredient to make yummy milkshake full of nutrients that one hopes to provide through a full-scale meal.
A simple recipe would include the use of 1 glass milk with either half or full (more Avocado leads to a thicker shake) with 1 spoon of honey (instead of sugar) and all blended together. For occasional indulgence, one could add chocolate syrup to add one more flavor.
2. For health-conscious beings, Avocados are great ingredients of salads, not only adding to the flavor but also to the texture. Toss them together with lettuce or simply mix with tomato, onion, coriander, and little garlic to make a yummy dip!