Baked sweet potato wedges are a super healthy alternative to woo the kids and satiate your food cravings. It has ample of nourishment and fibre to keep you full without feeling loaded.
This recipe is pretty simple and easy to make. The only time required here is for baking the wedges, which goes pretty fast as well. It is a great breakfast or snack option.
This recipe is suggested during menstruation, during pregnancy, and during Menopause. It is a great snack option for Diabetics and for those looking to lose weight.
Baked Sweet Potato Wedges with Herbs
- 400 g Sweet Potato
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1½ tsp Rock Salt To taste
- 1½ tsp Paprika powder optional or sprinkle black pepper before serving.
- 3 tsp Herbs de Provence Or a mix of dried herbs such as dill, oregano, thyme, and basil
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder optional
- 1½ tsp Roasted cumin powder to sprinkle before serving.
- 1½ tsp Dried Mango Powder
Preparing the herb mix
- Mix the herbs, dried mango powder, turmeric powder, and paprika powder in a deep bowl. Add oil to it. Keep aside.
Preparing sweet potato
- Wash the sweet potato well. Cut them horizontally in pieces of about half inch thickness. You can leave the peel intact if you like, it adds to the taste and nutritional value of the sweet potato.
- Now add the cut sweet potato pieces into the bowl of herbs.
- Mix well so that the herbs are well coated on sweet potato wedges.
Baking the Sweet Potato
- Grease your baking tray and spread sweet potato on it.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Add the sweet potato tray to the oven and bake for about 15 mins each on both sides.
- Close the oven. Take out the tray and sprinkle the toppings per your choice.
- Serve as it is or have it as a side. Enjoy!
We would love to hear from you! If you try this recipe, do leave a comment and rate the recipe! Don’t forget to take a photo, tag @medhyaherbals, and hashtag it #medhyaherbals on Instagram. Eat Well, Feel Happy, and Look Awesome!