Banana bread is one of the simplest and yet super good food that you can offer to family either for breakfast, as a dessert, or pack as a snack.
Here is a recipe for a delicious and super moist banana bread that has loads of banana flavor. So, here you go should you or your family crave for something nice.
Banana Bread – List of Ingredients
- Very ripe bananas – 3 – 4 medium-sized
- Sugar – 3/4 cup – use brown sugar or jaggery instead of white sugar
- All-purpose flour – 1.5 cups – replace bleached flour with wholemeal flour
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla extract – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1/2 tablespoon
- Baking soda – 1 tablespoon
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Butter and line a loaf tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together. You can replace white sugar with healthier options such as jaggery, brown sugar, or raw sugar.
3. In a smaller bowl, sift the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add this dry mix to the butter and sugar.
4. Then add the mashed bananas and mix well.
5. Lightly beat the eggs before adding it to the mixing bowl. Add the vanilla extract as well.
6. Pour it into the prepared tin and bake for around 40 to 45 minutes, till a toothpick inserted comes clean.
Some tips from experience!!
- Take care not to over mix the batter. Overmixing hampers the texture.
- Add one cup of dark chocolate chips or half a cup of nuts of your choice (walnuts give a unique taste and go very well with the banana bread) for a different variation.
- Using brown sugar gives a more caramelized taste – just another option.
- Equally mix wholemeal flour such as buckwheat flour or ragi flour in the all-purpose flour for a wholesome version of the banana bread.