This beetroot recipe is a super easy and quick one to put on the table should you be craving for something healthy and sumptuous. Beetroot yogurt or raita as we would call it in India is an all-in-one source of essential micronutrients and macronutrients.
What’s more; it can act as a great side for your parties and get-togethers, earning you credits for its gorgeous color and health benefits. Have it for breakfast or make it over the lazy weekends, it will always rejoice you.
Health benefits of Beetroot
- Beetroot is one of the healthiest and versatile vegetables that can go either in desserts or savories alike. Bake it, steam it, grate it, ferment it, or have it just raw in your salads.
- It is good for all age groups and in fact all health conditions.
- Beetroot is a treasured source of nutrients such as fiber and antioxidants to purify blood and colon, to strengthen gallbladder, and to keep heart diseases off the limits.
- It is super dense in vitamins, minerals, catenoids, and flavonoids. Beetroot not only imparts great aroma and flavor but also beautiful color to the dish you will add it into.
Health benefits of yogurt
- Yogurt, on the other hand, is one of the best sources of proteins, B Vitamins, Calcium, and Probiotics that would calm your tummy.
- Being a cultured milk product, it imparts healthy bacteria to the gut that are very similar in nature to the existing bacteria in our digestive tract.
- As versatile as beetroot, yogurt can also be had with nearly all food ingredients and in any form except heated (as one should never heat and eat yogurt).
- Yogurt can be homemade or bought from the store. I make yogurt at home and since I started doing it myself, I have never needed to buy from the store. Homemade yogurt is richer in healthy bacteria sometimes by millions of counts and hence much healthier.
So, here we go and list out the ingredients and process for this awesome all in one recipe!
Beetroot Recipe – List of Ingredients
Serves 4-5 persons
- 1 beetroot
- 1 bowl of plain yogurt
- 1 small onion (optional)
- 1/2 medium-sized tomato (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- A handful of coriander leaves for garnishing (optional)
Beetroot Recipe – Method of preparation
Time of preparation: 10 mins
Time of cooking: 5 mins
- Grate the beetroot and steam it for 5-7 mins. Let it cool down or add a few ice cubes should you be in a hurry and bring it to a little lower than room temperature.
- Fine chop onion and tomato and add it to the yogurt along with steamed and cooled beetroot.
- Add salt, pepper, roasted cumin powder, and sugar.
- Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves. You are ready to go!
Please leave your feedback and share this Beetroot recipe with your friends and family should you like it.