Button mushrooms are chewy and delicious! And when you combine them with crunchy Asparagus, your preparation turns out to be one with wonderful texture and taste. I have added herbs and sun-dried tomatoes to the stir-fry for some additional flavor.
This recipe is a great side meal option for anytime of the day. It goes well with bread, chapati, rice, porridge, or quinoa. It is a great way to add both nutrition and flavor to your meals.
This recipe is kids friendly, in fact they will love it! It is great for Diabetes patients, heart patients, and for those looking to lose weight. It is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Enjoy it guilt-free to the bottom of the pan!
Button Mushrooms and Asparagus stir-fry with Herbs
- Heavy Bottom Pan or Pot
- 300 g Fresh Button Mushrooms
- 200 g Fresh Asparagus Use Asian version or the western version. Both are great for this recipe.
- 1 tsp Rock Salt To taste
- 3 tsp Herbs de Provence mix Or use oregano only
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Freshly ground for garnishing
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil Or any pure cooking oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Medium Onion optional
- 4 pieces Sun-dried Tomatoes optional
Cutting and preparing the vegetables
- Wash the mushrooms and cut them into 4 pieces each. Don't make pieces too small as it will lead to too much water.
- Soak the Asparagus in salt/soda water for about 15 mins to remove the chemicals. Wash well and then cut into small – 1 inch pieces.
- Finely chop onion and garlic.
Cooking the Vegetables
- Heat the pan on medium and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add in the onion and garlic mix. Stir till it turns golden brown.
- Now add asparagus, mix well and cover for about 2 mins.
- Now add mushrooms, sun-dried tomato, and herbs de provence.
- Mix well, cover, and let the veggies cook for another 5-7 mins.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and serve with your meals. Enjoy!
We would love to hear from you! If you try this recipe, do leave a comment and rate the recipe! Don’t forget to take a photo, tag @medhyaherbals, and hashtag it #medhyaherbals on Instagram. Eat Well, Feel Happy, and Look Awesome!