Cauliflower recipes that pack a flavor of Asia with lemon basil and coconut cream. This is a delicious preparation that is essentially one-pot recipe, super easy with a minimum level of preparation, and a quick turnaround.
It is super nutritious as it packs plenty of nutrients, fiber, and antioxidants, and yet has minimal calories. This cauliflower recipe is full of flavor and aroma of the lemon basil and coconut cream. It is great for little ones, for people suffering from lifestyle disorders such as Diabetes, Hypertension, and Obesity, for pregnant ladies, and new mothers.
This is one of the cauliflower recipes that also supports weight loss and boosts immunity. With a rich nutrition quotient, and ease of preparation, it is a must try as a dinner or lunch option.
Cauliflower Nutrition Profile – Cauliflower Recipes
Cauliflower belongs to the cruciferous family of vegetables and mostly available in winter season. It is rich in Vitamins C, K, A, and B Vitamins such as Pantothenic Acid, B6, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, and Folate. It carries good amounts of minerals like Magnesium, Potassium, Manganese, and Phosphorus. Cauliflower also has good amounts of protein in comparison to other vegetables, low in calories, fats, and cholesterol, and has plenty of fiber.
Lemon Basil for flavor, Antioxidants, and rich aroma!
Lemon basil is one variation of basil that carries the aroma of lemon, and hence the name. For nutrition profile of lemon basil and another recipe of papaya salad with it, please check here. We added lemon basil along with coconut cream to the cauliflower curry. In case you are unable to find lemon basil, it can be replaced with Thai sweet basil or fresh coriander leaves.
Ingredients – Cauliflower Recipes – (Serves 4-5 persons)
We added tofu to the curry to increase protein content. You can replace tofu with other vegetables such as carrots, baby corn, bok choy, and mushrooms or just add them along with.
- 1 large cauliflower – cut into small pieces
- 1 medium-sized onion – finely chopped
- 1 and 1/2 inch ginger – finely chopped or grated
- 1 large tomato – finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup lemon basil leaves – coarsely chopped
- 200 ml of coconut cream – fresh or UHT cream
- Salt to taste
- 300 g of soft/silken Tofu (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil – we used sesame oil
- 1 red chili – finely chopped (optional) if you like spicy. You can also replace chili with 1 teaspoon black pepper, which is to be put in the end.
- 2 teaspoons vinegar – to be added in the end
- 1/4 cup water
Method of Preparation – Cauliflower Recipes (20-30 mins)
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into small florets. We usually soak the cauliflower in water for some time before we cook to clean it off the chemicals.
- Heat the pan and add cooking oil.
- Add chopped ginger, chili, and onion. Stir till golden brown (2-3 mins).
- Add tomato and cauliflower and stir for another 8-10 mins till cauliflower becomes soft.
- Add coconut cream, water, salt, and lemon basil leaves. Cook for another 10 mins.
- Add silk tofu in the end and mix well.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!