Cucumber salad is one of the most popular ways of including healthful cucumbers in your diet. This cucumber recipe is flavourful and highly nutritious!
We have included Indian herbs, vegetables, and spices to make this cucumber salad recipe a real treat to your taste buds.
Eat Cucumber for Health and Beauty
Cucumbers are one of the best hydrating foods to beat the heat and inflammation in the body. It has nearly 95% water content and carries vital electrolytes as Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, and Potassium.
Cucumber salad should be consumed on a regular basis during summers to prevent dehydration and to keep your digestive system on track! For those looking to manage or treat health conditions, should include this recipe in their diet for a delicious and super nutritious meal option.
Cucumber salad is a great addition to the meals of kids and adults alike. It will boost the health and functioning of body systems of healthy people.
How to make Cucumber Salad?
Addition of mung beans makes this cucumber salad recipe a complete meal, rich in proteins, minerals, and vitamins. It is recommended for healthy lunch recipes or as a power breakfast.
Cucumber, radish, and the herbs added in this recipe boost the digestive fire and improve circulation of nutrients in the body.
Cucumber boosts bone health, skin health, heart health, and provides with ample fibre and electrolytes. Radishes contain essential minerals and antioxidants that protect from inflammation and toxin build up.
Look here for Cucumber benefits and nutrition facts.
Indian Style Mung Bean Cucumber Salad: Spicy and High Protein
- Salad Mixing Bowl
For the Salad
- 1 Cup Yellow Mung Bean Mung Bean without Skin
- 3 Cups Japanese Cucumber Or Any slicing Cucumber
- 1 Cup Vegetables Carrots or Red baby radish
- ½ Cup Mint and Coriander leaves Chopped fine
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1½ tsp Himalayan Rock Salt or Sea Salt
For the seasoning
- 1 tbsp cooking oil olive oil or sesame oil
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Regular Dry Red Chili or fresh green chili
- Pinch Asafetida or Hing
- 2 Sprigs Curry Leaves fresh
- 3 tbsp Pomegranate Seeds Optional
- 2 tbsp Freshly grated coconut Optional
For the Mung Beans
- Wash and soak moong beans for 30 minutes~1 hour in 2 cups of hot water.
- Drain the water and keep it aside.
For the Seasoned Mung Beans
- Heat oil, add few mustard seeds, when they pop, add remaining mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add hing, red chilies, and curry leaves. Fry them for 5~10 seconds.
- Pour the mix in the drained Mung Beans that were set aside earlier.
- Mix well and switch off the heat.
- Do not cook the dal.
- Store the seasoned Mung beans in the refrigerator and use as needed.
Ready the Salad
- Slice the cucumber and the veggies.
- Finely chop coriander and mint leaves.
- Add the cucumber and veggies to the seasoned mung beans.
- Add lemon juice and salt. Mix well.
- Adjust salt /seasoning according to your taste.
- Decorate with radish and cucumber slices or pomegranate.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
- Serve cold with rice, roti in lunch or have it as a power breakfast.
We would love to hear from you! If you try this recipe, do leave a comment and rate the recipe! Don’t forget to take a photo, tag @medhyaherbals and @spicesurprise, and hashtag it #medhyaherbals on Instagram. Eat Well, Feel Happy, and Look Awesome!