This black fungus mushroom recipe is made with cauliflower and black sesame. It is a one pot simple stir-fry and goes well with steamed rice, chapati, or noodles.
This recipe is beaming with minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants and carries very few calories. It is ideal during cleanse, and for people looking for Diabetic friendly, heart friendly, and weight loss recipes.
This specific recipe uses dried version of black fungus. If you would like to use fresh black fungus, look for this recipe to learn about method of preparation of fresh black fungus.
Dried Black Fungus and Cauliflower Stir-fry
- 50 g Dried Black Fungus Mushroom Replace with Fresh about 200 g.
- 250 g Cauliflower Medium sized
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil Sesame Oil, Peanut Oil, or Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1½ tbsp Soy Sauce Or Salt to Taste
- 1½ tsp Rice Vinegar Optional
- 2 tbsp Roasted Sesame Seeds Optional. Black or White.
Preparing the Dried Black Fungus Mushroom
- Heat 2 glasses of water in a pan.
- Once the water is nearly boiling, close the heat.
- Add the dried black fungus mushrooms and leave it soaked for 30 minutes.
- The mushrooms will nearly swell to four times of their original size during soaking.
- Drain the mushrooms. Wash and cut them into smaller size. Keep aside.
Preparing the stir-fry
- Wash and cut the cauliflower.
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Heat the pan and add cooking oil.
- Once the oil is slightly hot, add in onion, garlic, and ginger. Mix well.
- Once the mix is slightly brown, add in the cauliflower.
- Mix well, cover, and lower the heat.
- After 5-7 minutes, the cauliflower will turn soft. Keep the heat low.
- Add in mushrooms, vinegar, and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Keep heat low and cover for another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the roasted sesame seeds for garnishing.
- Serve with steamed rice or noodles. Enjoy!
We would love to hear from you! If you try this recipe, do leave a comment and rate the recipe! Don’t forget to take a photo, tag @medhyaherbals, and hashtag it #medhyaherbals on Instagram. Eat Well, Feel Happy, and Look Awesome!