This Enoki mushrooms recipe is very easy to make as the ingredients require basic level of preparation or cutting. It has a great chewy texture of glass noodles and a crunchy profile of the greens and the mushrooms.
Learn here about health benefits and nutrition of Enoki Mushrooms.
This recipe is great for diabetics. It is heart friendly and lowers cholesterol. It can also be included in the meals of pregnant and new mothers to provide them with ample fiber and nutrients along with lots of flavor.
Enoki Mushroom Lemon Basil Glass Noodles
- Heavy Bottom Pan or Skillet
- 200 g Enoki Mushrooms We took brown Enoki Mushroom (also known as golden needle mushroom) for this recipe
- 200 g Spring Onions finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves finely chopped or pounded
- 1 inch Fresh ginger root finely chopped or pounded
- 1 Red Chili Optional. Cut into 2 half pieces for nice flavor.
- 1 tbsp Peanut Oil Or any pure oil of your choice
- 4 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1½ tbsp Soy Sauce We used naturally brewed dark soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp Pur Sesame Oil
- 300 g Dried Glass Noodles we used Arrowroot Noodles
- 4 sprigs Lemon Basil Finely chopped. It can also be replaced with coriander leaves or sweet basil or Italian basil
Cooking the Noodles
- Soak the arrowroot noodles in cold water for 15-20 mins. This was a step as described on the pack. You can follow the instructions on your pack.
- Wash and separate the Enoki mushrooms into smaller bunches of 4-5 mushrooms together. Usually, they are available as a big lump, hence the need to separate them into smaller pieces.
- Fine chop or pound together ginger and garlic. Keep aside.
- Fine chop the spring onions. Keep aside.
- Fine chop the basil leaves and keep aside.
- Heat the pan or wok on medium and put oil.
- Once little hot, add ginger, garlic, and chili.
- Once the mix is little golden brown, increase the heat to high.
- Add the enoki mushroom and let it cook for 2 mins on high heat. Keep stirring.
- Add the spring onions on high heat and cook for another 2 mins. Keep stirring.
- Add the glass noodles, put a little water (2-3 tablespoons) so that glass noodles can get soft.
- Add vinegarand sesame oil. Mix for another 5 mins.
- Add chopped basil leaves and soy sauce and mix well.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
We would love to hear from you! If you try this recipe, do leave a comment and rate the recipe! Don’t forget to take a photo, tag @medhyaherbals, and hashtag it #medhyaherbals on Instagram. Eat Well, Feel Happy, and Look Awesome!