Add this highly nourishing and rejuvenating beverage to your weekly menu. Gotu Kola supports liver function and brain health. This recipe is highly balancing for Pitta and Vata Dosha balancing.
Adjust the quantity of gotu kola leaves and other ingredients per your taste preference. Gotu Kola smoothie can be had as a mid morning snack or early evening snack.
Gotukola (Brahmi) Coconut Smoothie Recipe
- Blender | Grinder | Food Processor
- 1½ cups Coconut Meat or Grated Coconut
- 1 Small Bunch of Gotu Kola Leaves
- 1 Medium Green Apple Replace it with any other sweet and sour fruit such as pineapple, orange, starfruit or a small piece of tamarind
- 3 cups Coconut water or normal water
- 4-5 Dates replace with 1 tbsp honey or 1 tbsp jaggery powder
- 1 tsp Black Salt | Rock Salt
- Clean and wash the gotu kola leaves and keep it aside.
- Blend coconut meat, green apple, salt, and dates in little coconut water to result in a consistent mix.
- Add gotu kola leaves and blend again with some more coconut water.
- Blend well to get a consistent mix and add the remaining coconut water.
- Your smoothie is ready! Add ice or refrigerate before serving per your requirement.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Interested to join like-minded people to share and learn about healthy food, Ayurvedic Diet and lifestyle? Join Medhya’s Ayurvedic Diet and Lifestyle Community on Facebook.