I tried this cake recipe some days ago while looking for somewhat healthier homemade cake recipes and it turned out to be delicious. My toddler daughter loves to cut cakes and the rest of the family enjoys eating them!
And when combined with health factors, what can work better than something which will give you taste and required nutrients as well? On top of it, this cake recipe is super easy and not time-consuming at all! So here we go with our healthy cake recipe.
This cake recipe is packed with all the required macronutrients and micronutrients in one meal. It is kids friendly and goes well for sides, snacks, and desserts.
Zucchini Cranberries Cake Recipe – List of Ingredients
Serves 3-4 persons
- 1 cup grated Zucchini (replace it with carrots, winter-melon, ripe cucumber, or fruits of your choice)
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 cup almond flour (you can make yours at home by grinding blanched almonds)
- 2 eggs (replace eggs with 1 cup full cream yogurt, should you want to make an eggless version)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- half cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup jaggery (replace with sugar/brown sugar should you want)
Method of Preparation
Cooking Time: 45 – 50 mins
- Add and mix all dry ingredients together
- Add eggs and grated Zucchini
- Mix well and leave the mixture for 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 180 C and add cake mix on the tray
- Set the tray in the oven and bake for 25-30 mins
- After 25 mins, try to check the cake by poking a toothpick or fork, if it comes out clear from all sides of the cake, then you are ready to serve
Tip: To make an eggless version. Replace eggs with 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and half a cup of milk.