Mint and Coriander chutney is one of the most popular snack sides from North of India. It is super delicious, super easy, and adds to the nutritional value of your food. And if that was not enough, it actually improves your digestion.
So, if you are going to have a heavy snack such as fried tit bits or a heavy meal, make sure to keep it by your side and eat in heaps. You will not have any post digestive issues!
Mint and Coriander are both cooling herbs and this is a wonderful addition to the meal options of Pitta Diet or those suffering from Pitta Imbalance. You can also make this chutney into a cooling drink by simply adding some plain water, some more salt, and lemon.
We have added green mango to this recipe. You can replace green mango with tamarind, or lemon, or any sour fruit of your choice such as star fruit or green apple. Just try out different combinations and you will get a hang of what to add based on your required flavours!
Mint Coriander Chutney with Green Mango
- Food Proessor or Grinder
- 100 g Fresh Mint Leaves
- 100 g Fresh coriander leaves or cilantro leaves
- 100 g Raw or Green Mango
- 1½ inch Fresh ginger root
- 1½ tsp Rock Salt To taste
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 Green Chili Optional
Preparing the Greens
- Wash and separate the leaves from mint stalks. Discard the stalk as it is usually hard to eat.
- Separate the roots from coriander stalks. Coriander stalks are pretty soft, so they can be added to your meals as such.
- Wash and peel the ginger. Cut in small pieces.
- Cut the green mango into small pieces to add to grinder. Wash properly and leave the skin intact. It is nutritious and adds to the flavour.
Making the Chutney
- Now add all the ingredients together in a food processor and grind till you get a smooth paste.
- Take it out in a glass container. Avoid metal and plastic containers.
We would love to hear from you! If you try this recipe, do leave a comment and rate the recipe! Don’t forget to take a photo, tag @medhyaherbals, and hashtag it #medhyaherbals on Instagram. Eat Well, Feel Happy, and Look Awesome!