A vegan miso soup recipe, it can serve as a meal in itself. This recipe can be adapted to most of the vegetables. We have used a pre-packed organic and low sodium Miso paste for this one.
This Miso Soup is tangy and watery, yet filling in nature. It can be taken as a light meal option for dinner. This recipe is rich in Vitamins, Minerals, and Antioxidants. It is great for people suffering from health conditions, for all age groups, and specifically nurturing during pregnancy and post pregnancy.
You can add or modify the veggies per your choice. We have added carrots, Chinese cabbage, and radish (Diakon) along with silken tofu.
Silken tofu is the softest version of tofu or beancurd. It has very high water content. It is usually meant to be added to soups and curries.
Vegan Miso Soup with Silken Tofu
- Heavy Bottom Pan
- 200 g Chinese Cabbage
- 4 tbsp Miso Soup Paste Organic and Low Sodium
- 200 g Silken Tofu
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 1 Medium Raidsh
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce Naturally Brewed
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar or Jaggery
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 stalks Green onions
- 1 tbsp Pure Oil for cooking
- 2 cups Water
Preparing the vegetables
- Pound the ginger and garlic together. Keep aside.
- Cut the veggies into half inch sized cubes. Keep aside.
Preparing the Miso Soup
- Heat the pan and add oil.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and mix till it turns golden brown.
- Now add the miso soup paste and mix well. Stir for few seconds.
- Now add cut veggies and rest of the ingredients except tofu. Mix well.
- Cover and put the heat on low. Let the veggies be cooked on low heat till they turn soft, which is about 10 mins.
- Now add the tofu and mix well without breaking the tofu.
- Close Heat and serve with rice or bread or have it as it is. Enjoy!
We would love to hear from you! If you try this recipe, do leave a comment and rate the recipe! Don’t forget to take a photo, tag @medhyaherbals, and hashtag it #medhyaherbals on Instagram. Eat Well, Feel Happy, and Look Awesome!