Radish potato stir-fry is a great recipe to mask the bitter and pungent taste of radish. It blends the crunchy texture of radish with the gooey texture of mashed tomatoes and creamy texture of potatoes.
This recipe is tangy and creamy and goes well with chapati, Indian flat bread or steamed rice. It is a quick turnaround and doesn’t require much preparation.
This recipe is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. It packs in the nutrition and benefits of radish and potatoes. It is kids friendly and recommended for all age groups.
Radish Potato Stir-fry with Chapati – Mooli ki Sabzi
- Heavy Bottom Pan
- 3 Medium Radish
- 2 Medium Potato
- 1 Medium Tomato finely chopped
- 1 Medium Onion finely chopped
- 1 inch Fresh ginger root
- 1 Green Chili optional
- 3 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 1½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1½ tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp Rock Salt to taste
- 1½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1½ tsp Coriander Seeds Powder
- 2 sprigs Fresh coriander leaves or cilantro leaves optional for garnishing
- 1 pinch Asafetida or Hing
Preparing the vegetables
- Peel and cut potato and radish into half inch cubes. Keep aside.
- Finely chop onion and pound/chop the ginger.
Preparing the stir-fry
- Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, add in asafetida and mustard seeds.
- Let the seeds crackle. Now add chopped onion, ginger, chili, and curry leaves.
- Mix well and let it cook till the mix turns golden brown.
- Now add turmeric powder, coriander seeds powder, and salt. Mix for few seconds.
- Add in tomatoes, mix well and cover. Let it cook on low heat till tomatoes are mashed.
- Now add peeled and cut radish and potato. Mix well and cover. Let it cook for 10-15 mins till the vegetables turn soft.
- Close the heat. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with Chapati or steamed rice. Enjoy!
We would love to hear from you! If you try this recipe, do leave a comment and rate the recipe! Don’t forget to take a photo, tag @medhyaherbals, and hashtag it #medhyaherbals on Instagram. Eat Well, Feel Happy, and Look Awesome!