Shiitake mushroom is widely available in South East Asia and it is one of the top five cultivated edible mushrooms. Its technical name is Lentinula Edodes and it is available in both dried and fresh formats across the grocery shops.
This recipe is fairly easy and can be customized per the availability of ingredients. You will be ensured of rich flavor and aroma with the use of herbs and shiitake mushroom.
This is a great meal option for Diabetics, new and expecting mothers and those suffering from inflammatory disorders.
Shiitake Mushroom Stir-fry with Garlic and dried Herbs
- Pan or Skillet
- 250 g Fresh Shiitake Mushrooms
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1½ tbsp Dried Herbs | Herbs de Provence Replace dried herbs with ½ cup of Fresh Basil OR Chives OR Parsley OR Green Onion
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil Pure and Unrefined Oils of your choice. We used Sesame oil.
- 1½ tsp Black Pepper Optional
- 1 tsp Vinegar We used rice vinegar – (optional)
- 1½ tbsp Soy Sauce (Naturally Brewed) Replace it with 1 tsp Rock Salt
- Wash and chop the shiitake mushroom to ½ inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop fresh herbs (in case you are using them)
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Heat an iron skillet or a deep pan and add cooking oil.
- Add garlic and stir till it turns golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms, stir on high heat for 3-4 mins till they soften and start to release water.
- Now add soy sauce, vinegar, and herbs. Mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for another 3-4 mins.
- Close the heat. Check that mushrooms have softened upto the texture you would like. Keep covered.
- Serve with steamed rice or bread. Enjoy!
We would love to hear from you! If you try this recipe, do leave a comment and rate the recipe! Don’t forget to take a photo, tag @medhyaherbals, and hashtag it #medhyaherbals on Instagram. Eat Well, Feel Happy, and Look Awesome!