Spinach mushrooms pasta is a delicious and super nutritious meal option that covers majority of your nutritional needs. It is a dense source of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Also, it is packed with proteins and antioxidants to give your metabolism the right boost it needs.
This is a quick and easy recipe that you can make to keep the kids happy and still fulfill their nutritional requirements. I have chosen wholemeal pasta, which went very well with the spinach pasta sauce.
This recipe is recommended for children, pregnancy, menopause, and generally for all age groups. It is great to balance all three dosha, hence helpful for you to support your health in any phase and stage of life.
Do note that both spinach and mushrooms are hard to digest, that’s why consume in moderation when struggling with poor digestive fire and digestive system problems. Also, avoid it for dinner time.
It is great for weight loss, hormone balance, PCOS and Diabetes too. Do make sure that you are choosing high quality pasta and not white flour pasta. Also, you can replace pasta with any other grains such as rice, quinoa or barley.
Spinach and Enoki Mushrooms Penne Pasta
- Food Processor or Blender
- 250 g Fresh Spinach Replace with any available spinach varieties
- 2 tbsp Pure Cooking Oil Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Ghee, or Sesame Oil
- 150 g Enoki Mushrooms Replace with any other available mushrooms
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder optional. Replace with 1 Medium sized finely chopped onion.
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Water
- 1½ tsp Rock Salt To Taste
- 3-4 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Fresh cream optional
- 300 g Wholemeal penne pasta Replace with any other pasta
Preparing the pasta
- Boil the pasta in a deep pan by putting 1 cm of water layer above it.
- Add little salt to the water so that pasta softens faster. Cook for 7-10 mins and check that pasta has softened up.
- Drain the hot water and run cold water over the pasta. Keep aside.
Preparing the Veggies
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the veggies on the side. Finely chop onion and garlic and keep them aside.
- Wash and coarsely chop the spinach.
- Wash mushrooms and cut it into small 1/2 inch sized. Keep aside
Preparing the spinach
- Add cut spinach, pumpkin seeds and 2 tbsp water in a pan. Boil the spinach till the leaves start to wilt off.
- Close heat and let it cool down. Once cold, add the spinach to a blender and grind till you get smooth puree.
Preparing the soup
- Heat the pan on medium. Once the pan is hot, add cooking oil.
- Now add chopped garlic and onion. Mix and stir well till it turns golden brown.
- Now add cut enoki mushrooms and mix well. Cover and let it cook on low heat for few mins till mushrooms start to soften up.
- Now add the ground spinach, mix well and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- If you are adding fresh cream then add it now.
- Close heat and mix the cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle black pepper and serve. Enjoy!