Here is an omelette recipe that is not only very easy to make but would also serve as a delicious and nutritious breakfast option! While the preparation of omelette varies across different regions, it is a ubiquitous part of the meals or sometimes acts as a meal in itself.
Recently, during my stay at a hotel, I had the chance to observe the chef make the vegetable omelette. He first fried the vegetables and then added the egg on the fried vegetables. Before this, I used to mix the vegetables along with the eggs, but the version I was tasting here was very different and extremely delicious!!
Not only the taste of vegetables and eggs could be enjoyed separately, but also it was a crunchy and wholly aromatic mix of ingredients. At home, I experimented with the same vegetable omelette and in my next attempt, I went onto trying another version with my favorite ingredient spinach!!
And here is the story behind this amazing spinach and potato omelette recipe. Of course, I am super excited to share this recipe over here. So, here we go!
Spinach Potato Omelette Recipe: Ingredients
Serves: 2 persons
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (as per taste)
- 1 green chili
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach leaves
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 tablespoon chopped spring onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
Method of preparation
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Peel the potatoes and chop in cubes. Boil in a pressure cooker or pan till soft. After the potatoes are boiled, chop even further in small cubes.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil. Add the boiled potatoes and garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the chopped spinach leaves and spring onions.
- Fry for 5 minutes until the spinach leaves are completely welted. Add some salt as per taste.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, green chilies, salt, and pepper. The electric blender will make more fluffy omelette.
- In a nonstick pan, add half of the spinach potatoes mix. Pour half of the whisked egg evenly over the spinach and potatoes.
- Cover with a lid and heat for 1 minute. Turn the omelette and cook the other side.
- Serve your spinach potato omelette with bread and ketchup for breakfast.
Spinach Potato Omelette Recipe Credit: Shweta Kumari