This is a simple, highly nutritious, and delicious soup made with spinach and silken tofu. The tofu and spices perfectly mask the slightly bitter taste of spinach and add to the nutritional value of the meal.
You can enjoy this recipe with bread, chapati, or rice, or have it as it is! This recipe is great for kids, for people suffering from health conditions, and for new mothers.
Spinach and Tofu Soup Recipe
This recipe carries the goodness of tofu and spinach, in short your shot for Iron and Calcium along with plenty of antioxidants!
Spinach and Silken Tofu Soup
- Food Processor or Blender
- 1 tbsp Pure Cooking Oil Olive Oil, Mustar Oil, Ghee, or Sesame Oil
- 200 g Silken Tofu
- 250 g Fresh Spinach
- 1½ inch Fresh ginger root
- 1 Green Chili Optional
- 1½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1½ tsp Coriander Seeds Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds Powder
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 cup Water
- 1½ tsp Rock Salt To Taste
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch optional
- 1 Medium Tomato
- 1 tbsp Fresh cream optional
Preparing the Veggies
- Finely chop onion and tomato and keep them aside separately.
- Wash and coarsely chop the spinach.
- Pound the ginger, chili, and garlic together and keep aside.
Preparing the spinach
- Add cut spinach and 2 tbsp water in a pan. Boil the spinach till the leaves start to wilt off.
- Close heat and let it cool down. Once cold, add the spinach to a blender and grind till you get smooth puree.
Preparing the soup
- Heat a pan and add cooking oil.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and onion. Mix well till it turns golden brown.
- Now add turmeric powder, coriander seeds powder, and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Now add chopped tomato and mix well. Cover and let it cook on low heat for few mins till tomato is mashed up.
- Now add the ground spinach and cut tofu pieces.
- If you are adding corn starch, then mix the starch in 2 tbsp water so that there are no lumps. Add this to the spinach mix.
- Mix well and cook for 5 mins on low heat.
- If you are adding fresh cream then add it now.
- Close heat and serve with bread or chapati or steamed rice.
We would love to hear from you! If you try this recipe, do leave a comment and rate the recipe! Don’t forget to take a photo, tag @medhyaherbals, and hashtag it #medhyaherbals on Instagram. Eat Well, Feel Happy, and Look Awesome!