This is a delicious and super healthy chutney recipe. It carries the health benefits and nutrition of tomatoes, capsicum, and sunflower seeds.
Chutney is an Indian version of freshly made sauce. It is usually salty in nature, but sweet chutneys are also made with fresh and raw fruits such as mango, dates, and raisins etc.
This chutney recipe goes well with breads, chapati, dosa, savoury pancake, and porridge. It is a rich source of Vitamins as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and minerals as Selenium, Calcium, and Potassium.
Chutneys are a great way to add super healthy seeds and herbs into your meals. We have added sunflower seeds in this recipe, you can create your own by adding pumpkin seeds, peanuts, or melon seeds.
Tomato Capsicum Chutney Recipe
- Food Processor or Grinder
- Pan for Cooking
- 3 Medium Tomato
- 3 Capsicum – Bell Pepper Choose a mix of red and green or go solo
- 1 tsp Rock salt to taste
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped or pounded*
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Crurry Leaves
- 1 inch Fresh ginger root finely chopped or pounded*
- 3 tbsp Sunflower seeds
- 1½ tsp Panchforan An equal mix of 5 seeds – Nigella, Cumin, Mustard, Fennel, and Fenugreek
- 1½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Olive oil Or any pure cooking oil as mustard, sesame, ghee
- 2 tsp Jaggery Powder optional
Cutting the Vegetables
- Finely chop or pound ginger and garlic.
- Wash and cut the tomatoes and capsisum into small pieces.
- Wash and separate the leaves from curry leaves sprig. Keep aside.
Cooking the Ingredients
- Heat a pan and add cooking oil.
- Once the oil is slightly hot, add the panchforan mix. Let the seeds pop.
- Now add garlic and ginger. Mix well and let them turn golden.
- Now add curry leaves and stir for few seconds.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and capsicum. Mix well.
- After a few seconds add turmeric powder, salt, and sunflower seeds. Mix well and cover.
- Let the mix cook on low heat for 10 mins.
- Close the heat when you see that tomatoes and capsium are cooked and kind of mashed or softened. Add jaggery powder and mix well.
- Let the mix cool down to normal temperature.
- Now put it in grinder. Run till it gets a smooth sauce like texture.
- Serve with your meals. Enjoy!
We would love to hear from you! If you try this recipe, do leave a comment and rate the recipe! Don’t forget to take a photo, tag @medhyaherbals, and hashtag it #medhyaherbals on Instagram. Eat Well, Feel Happy, and Look Awesome!