Vegetable dalia recipe that is easy and quick to turn around, super delicious and nutritious, and super soft in texture. It is ideal for breakfast or dinner, when you are super crunched on time and crave for something healthy and filling.
Dalia – Broken Wheat Porridge for Health
Dalia made from broken wheat is packed with macronutrients and fiber that nourish our body inside out. When it is combined with vegetables, it will essentially carry the micronutrients as well that your body and brain need.
Dalia supports multiple body systems such as the cardiovascular system, digestive system, and Immune system. It carries B Vitamins, proteins, and minerals as Phosphorus, and Magnesium. Here you can learn about the health benefits of dalia and another delicious recipe.
What is Dalia?
Dalia is hindi name for broken wheat or cracked wheat. Usually the size of dalia grains varies from as big as 1 – 1.5 mm, which have bran still attached to the grain. Little smaller sizes have bran come off the grain. This bran is not removed from the grains but consumed along with, hence increasing the nutritional value and health benefits.
Dalia is a common grain form in Indian kitchen, specifically in northern Indian states. It is also one of the common foods given to small children and babies.
One pot Vegan Dalia Recipe – Broken Wheat Porridge with Vegetables
We have added carrots, beans, tomato, and broccoli in this dalia recipe. You can replace or add other vegetables like cauliflower, green peas, corn, beetroot, and even gourds to make savory dalia.
You can also add protein foods like mushrooms, tofu, and lentils to your vegetable dalia. In fact, split moong daal goes very well with such a kind of dalia recipe.
This Dalia recipe is highly recommended for children, teens, and adults alike. It is ideal for Diabetics, Cancer patients, new mothers, pregnant ladies, weight loss pursuant, and heart patients.
One pot Vegan Dalia – Broken Wheat Porridge with Vegetables
- Pressure Cooker
- Finely chop the carrots, beans, onion, and tomato and keep aside without mixing them.
- Break the broccoli with hands into smaller – 1-inch pieces.
- Heat the pan and put ghee in it. We used a pressure cooker. You can also use a rice cooker for this recipe.
- Once the ghee is a little hot, add the cumin seeds and let the seeds crackle.
- Add the chopped onion. Keep stirring till it turns golden brown.
- Now add the dalia and lightly roast the mix for 5 mins in the cooker.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, salt, and turmeric and mix well.
- If you are adding lentils, add them at this stage. The amount of water required will also increase by 3 times the amount of lentils by volume.
- Add water and close the pressure cooker.
- Let 2-3 whistles come before closing the heat.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
We would love to hear from you! If you try this Vegetable Dalia recipe, do leave a comment and rate the recipe! Don’t forget to take a photo, tag @medhyaherbals, and hashtag it #medhyaherbals on Instagram. Eat Well, Feel Happy, and Look Awesome!