This whole wheat pasta recipe is a simple and quick meal option for those days when you want to grab something healthy and nice but do not have much energy to do so. Of course if you are not considering vegetable porridge and kitchari option, because those are all-time rock stars for a quick, hearty, healthy, and delicious meal option.
This vegetable pasta recipe is made with veggies, herbs mix, and whole wheat pasta, so not much work apart from cutting the veggies. Kids love it as they get to eat their favourite food! And with hidden veggies inside, you will be happy that they get what they need.
This vegetable pasta recipe can be modified per veggies available in your region and season. So, make changes as you deem suitable. This recipe is kids friendly, good for Diabetics, all age groups, and health conditions.
Whole wheat Pasta Recipe with Pan Roasted Veggies
We have roasted the vegetables in an iron pan with small quantity of virgin olive oil. Lightly roasting the vegetables brings out the flavour and adds to the texture of the pasta.
The herbs used are dried herbs de Provence, which you can find in different size packing at your grocery store. You can also replace dried herbs with fresh herbs such as Basil, Oregano, Thyme, and Rosemary.
Whole wheat Pasta with Pan Roasted Vegetables and Herbs
- Heavy Bottom Iron Pan
- 1 Fresh Corn Cob Or Frozen Corn
- 3 Small Eggplants
- 1 Medium Broccoli Floret
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Medium Tomato
- ¾ tbsp Dried Herbs de Provence
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1½ tsp Black Pepper to taste
- 1½ tsp Rock Salt to taste
- 200 g Whole Wheat Pasta
Cooking the Pasta
- Cook the pasta by following instructions on the pack. Or simply boil water in a pan, add 1 tsp salt to water to allow faster cooking.
- When water boils, then add pasta. Let it cook till the pasta softens up for about 7-8 mins.
- Do not cover as water will come out. Also, keep checking in the middle that pasta is not sticking to the bottom pf the pan and whether it is getting cooked or not.
- Once pasta is cooked, put it in a colander to separate water. Also, run it under fresh water to seperate out the pasta pieces. Keep aside.
Preparing the Veggies
- Cut the eggplants and tomato in small pieces about 1 cm each. Keep aside separately.
- Separate corn pieces from the cob. Keep aside.
- Cut the broccoli in small florets. Separate the stem and cut it in small pieces, keep aside separately. This is avoid overcooking of broccoli florets as it takes less time to cook.
- Crush or pound the garlic and keep aside.
Roasting the veggies
- Now add oil to the pan and put on medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add in garlic and stir will golden brown.
- Now add the eggplant, tomato, corn, and broccoli stem. Add in salt.
- Keep stirring for 5-7 mins till you see that the veggies are starting to soften up.
- Now add in broccoli florets and the dired herbs.
- Put the heat to low and cover. Let the mix cook for another 5-7 mins.
Preparing the pasta
- Your pasta should be ready to be added by now.
- When you see that all the veggies have finely softened down, then you should add in the pasta to the pan. Mix well.
- Sprinkle black pepper on the top and serve. Enjoy!
We would love to hear from you! If you try this whole wheat pasta recipe, do leave a comment and rate the recipe! Don’t forget to take a photo, tag @medhyaherbals, and hashtag it #medhyaherbals on Instagram. Eat Well, Feel Happy, and Look Awesome!