This simple stir-fry is prepared in Indian style with the spices to add flavour and aroma to the dish. It is super quick to cook and yet it is so delicious that you will keep asking for more.
This black fungus mushroom recipe is made with fresh mushrooms. You can also make this with fried black fungus. Look here for method to prepare dried black fungus.
Fresh Wood Ear Mushroom Stir-Fry – Indian Style
- 250 g Fresh Black Fungus or Wood Ear Mushroom
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil Olive Oil, Mustard Oil, Sesame Oil, Peanut Oil
- 1½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 inch Ginger Grated or Pounded
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Medium Tomato It can be replaced by 1½ tsp Rice Vinegar.
- Pinch Asafetida
- 1½ tsp Soy Sauce or Salt to taste
- Wash and cut the black fungus mushrooms.
- Finely chop onion, ginger, garlic, and tomato.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, add chopped onion, ginger, and garlic.
- Mix well till the ingredients turn golden brown.
- Add soy sauce, chopped tomato, and turmeric powder. Mix well and Stir for another 2 mins.
- Add in the mushrooms. Mix well.
- Lower the heat and cover for 3-4 mins.
- Serve with steamed rice or noodles. Enjoy!
We would love to hear from you! If you try this recipe, do leave a comment and rate the recipe! Don’t forget to take a photo, tag @medhyaherbals, and hashtag it #medhyaherbals on Instagram. Eat Well, Feel Happy, and Look Awesome!