Takra | Lassi Recipe with Indian Spices
Masala Lassi or Takra is a great source of probiotics and a delicious drink. It supports digestive system and immunity.
Servings: 1 person
- ¼ cup Fresh curd Make sure that it is not too sour
- 1 cup Plain water
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves optional
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds Roasted and Ground (Make and store the powder in an airtight container)
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds optional
- 1 pinch Asafetida optional
- ¼ tsp Sunth (Dry ginger powder)
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ¼ tsp Rock Salt or Black Salt
- 1 sprig Mint Leaves or Coriander Leaves You can add both or one. This can be used for garnishing and for Pitta balance. Use this instead of seasoning with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
Combine curd, water, ginger powder, rock salt, and cumin powder in a blender. Blend well and set aside.
Add finely chopped mint leaves or coriander leaves. OR you can season the takra as directed below.
For seasoning, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
Add asafetida, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Let the seeds crackle.
Add to butter milk and stir well.