Moringa Choco Bites | Energy Balls made with Seeds and Herbs
Moringa Choco Bites makes for a delicious, easy, and super nutritious energy balls. These are super snack bites that are great to boost your nutrition and energy levels and cover up the late afternoon slump.
- ½ cup Rolled Oats Replace rolled oats with roasted black gram (chana daal), amaranth, or any other millets such as ragi
- ½ cup Quinoa Replace quinoa with any of the above ingredients or with rolled oats.
- ½ cup Pumpkin Seeds Replace pumpkin seeds with watermelon seeds or almonds or any other nut of your choice
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds Replace with flax seeds
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 2 tbsp Raw Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Dates Replace dates with figs or any other dried fruit
- 1 tbsp Moringa Leaves Powder
- 2-3 tbsp Coconut Oil Replace with Sesame Oil or Ghee or any other pure sweet tasting oil
Preparing the Ingredients
First dry roast the quinoa and oats in the pan on medium heat. Keep stirring in the middle, otherwise oats get burnt very quickly. This holds true for any other grains or beans that you may replace it with.
Once roasted, put the oats in a wide mouth container and let it cool down. Keep aside.
Now dry roast sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds. Keep stirring in between. Once, they turn golden, turn off the heat and keep the seeds aside till they cool down.
Now grind the oats and seeds to make fine flour.
Preparing the Energy Balls
Heat the coconut oil in the pan. Add all the dry powders, spices, and herbs and mix well on low heat for about 2-3 mins.
Now add the dates paste. Mix well again. This step might be a little tough and you will have to use little muscular strength :)
Now, roll the mix into small 1 inch balls each.
There you go. Your energy balls are ready!
- Plug and play with different ingredients such as grains and dry roasted beans to make the base.
- If dates aren't too sweet and pulpy, then you can add 3-4 tbsp jaggery powder with 1 tbsp water. Water should be heated first and then jaggery powder be mixed. After this add coconut oil and other dry powders.
- For flavours, try different spices and herbs to make your favourite recipe.