Beetroot Stir-fry | Iron Rich Recipe For Immunity and Healthy Liver
Beetroot stir-fry is a easy and super delicious recipe that can be made in a jiffy. This recipe is recommened for kids, adults, new mothers, PCOS and for diabetics.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 Large Beetroot
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 sprigs Green Onion Or 1 Medium sized onion finely chopped (optional)
- 1½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1½ tbsp Coconut Oil Replace with ghee or any pure cooking oil
- 1½ tsp Rock Salt to taste
- 1 pinch Asafetida or Hing
- 2-3 sprigs Fresh curry leaves
- 1 Fresh green chili optional
Preparing the stir-fry
Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, add in asafetida and mustard seeds.
Let the seeds crackle. Now add chopped garlic and curry leaves.
Break the chili in 2 parts with your hand and add it to the pan. This will just give the flavour and not make the veggie spicy. If you chop the chili in small pieces, it will make the veggie spicy.
Mix well and let it cook till the mix for few seconds.
Now add cut beetroot and salt. Mix well and cover.
After 2-3 mins, add chopped green onion. Mix well and cover again.
Let the veggie cook for 10-12 mins till the beets turn soft.
Close the heat. Keep covered.
Serve with Chapati or steamed rice. Enjoy!
- You can also add coconut meat or grated coconut to this recipe. It goes well with the beets.
- This recipe can be modified to replace curry leaves with coriander leaves and used as a spread over bread. For modification, add coriander leaves in the end and not at the beginning. Adding coriander leaves at the end preserves their nutrients and provides with a delicious aroma.