A quick stir-fry made with Zucchini, green beans, egg plant, and sun-dried tomato. It is a light stir-fry made with herbs de provence (a mix of herbs containing thyme, basil, oregano, and rosemary). You can make it with your own dried herbs.
This recipe is balancing for all three Dosha. It goes well with chapati, bread, rice, porridge, or with pasta. Take it for any meal of the day. You can also add/alter the mix of veggies here. My suggestion would be cauliflower and carrots.
Mixed vegetables stir-fry | Zucchini Beans and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Heavy Bottom Pan or Pot
- 300 g Fresh Zucchini
- 100 g Fresh Green Beans
- 1 Medium Eggplant
- 1 tsp Rock Salt To taste
- 3 tsp Herbs de Provence mix Or use oregano only
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Freshly ground for garnishing
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil Or any pure cooking oil
- 1 Medium Onion optional
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4-5 pieces Sun-dried Tomatoes optional
Cutting and preparing the vegetables
- Wash Zucchini and cut it into 1 inch pieces. Don't make pieces too small as it will lead to too much water.
- Soak the Beans and Eggplant in salt/soda water for about 15 mins to remove the chemicals. Wash well and then cut into small – 1 inch pieces.
- Finely chop onion and garlic.
Cooking the Vegetables
- Heat the pan on medium and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add in the onion and garlic mix. Stir till it turns golden brown.
- Now add green beans and eggplant, mix well and cover for about 2 mins.
- Now add cut Zucchini, sun-dried tomato, and herbs de provence.
- Mix well, cover, and let the veggies cook for another 5-7 mins.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and serve with your meals. Enjoy!
Interested to join like-minded people to share and learn about healthy food, Ayurvedic Diet and lifestyle? Join Medhya’s Ayurvedic Diet and Lifestyle Community on Facebook.