Hair Fall and hair thinning are one of the most common problems faced today. Stressful lifestyles, improper nourishment, and sometimes simple activities such as excessive exposure to the Sun or swimming in chlorinated water can trigger hair fall.
Hair Fall and related problems indicate Dosha imbalance and vitiation of Asthi Dhatu or Bone Tissues, which includes bones, hair, teeth, and nails. Usually health issues related to hair, teeth, nails, and bones appear together. More often than not, one symptom becomes prominent and becomes visible.
In this article, we will focus on food items and herbs that one can consume to nourish the Asthi Dhatu, Bone Tissues and strengthen the hair follicles.
Almost all body related problems can be found in the kitchen. Beetroot helps you to complete your nutritional deficiency that causes the hair fall. First, boil the beetroot leaves in water till the water level comes down to half its quantity. Grind the leaves and add henna. Make a paste and apply it to your scalp. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and rinse with water. Do this thrice a week and results will be appreciable.
Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
Amla is one of the best cures. One of the major reasons for hair loss is the deficiency of Vitamin C and Amla has a rich source of the much needed Vitamin. Visit here to see the method.
Aloe vera contains something called proteolytic enzymes which repair dead skin cells on the scalp. It also acts as a great conditioner and leaves your hair all smooth and shiny. It promotes hair growth, prevents itching on the scalp, reduces dandruff and conditions your hair.
Wash your hair first then extract the pulp content from the leaf or stalk and rub it into your hair. Massage the pulp into your scalp in circular motions. Leave it on for about 15 minutes, and then rinse with cold water. Repeat the process thrice a week.
Green tea renews the hair follicles and fuels the hair growth. It also enhances your metabolism which ultimately leads to increased rate of hair production. Steep two green tea bags in the hot water and wait till the water cools down.
After that remove the tea bags, and use the solution to rinse your hair. Massage the solution over your scalp. You can use this green tea solution as an after-shampoo conditioner. Repeat the procedure twice a week, after shampooing your hair.
Take some curry leaves and mix them with yoghurt to make a paste. Apply it on your hair for 20 minutes. After that shampoo your hair. This will result in hair growth. To reduce hair fall, mix 2-3 curry leaves and add a few drops of milk. Make a paste and apply it onto your hair. Keep it for half an hour and then wash it. Clean your hair with your regular shampoo. This will help you to reduce hair fall.
Bhringraj has ayurvedic benefits. It has the power to reduce hair fall and promote hair growth. It activates the hair follicles and provides beneficial results. Ayurveda has used Bhringraj for many treatments.
Moringa is regarded as the “Tree of Life” in Africa because all parts of this tree can be used for healing and nourishment. However, the part of the tree you need to accomplish beautiful hair and skin are the leaves and seed oil.
Lifestyle Tips to prevent Hair Fall
- Remove Stress and Anxiety: Meditation and Yoga can help you in your re-growth of hair. Simple asanas can help you prevent hair loss and it will freshen your mind too.
- Along with doing yoga and trying home remedies, looking after the diet is also important. Having a balanced diet comprising of fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, pulses, sprouts, cereals and dairy products gives you nutrients important for hair growth.
- Keep your scalp clean and dandruff free.
- Avoid using any harsh chemicals and many styling products for hair.
- Carry out gentle massage of your scalp Abhyanga with Coconut Oil, Olive oil, or Mustard Oil on daily basis. Massage helps to pacify Vata Dosha aggravation, oleates and strengthens the hair follicles, and helps to prevent hair thinning.
- Washing hair with herbal decoction made from Neem leaves, Moringa leaves, or Curry leaves.
- Keeping your hair clean by washing it 3 to 2 times a week.
- Bushing or Combing hair 2-3 times a day will help improve blood circulation and provide right nourishment to the hair follicles.