Blocked fallopian tubes is a condition in which the fallopian tubes are obstructed due to mucus, fluid, adhesions or presence of scar tissues. This can prevent the eggs from being released into the uterus, and it can also block sperm from reaching the egg.
Tubal blockage is often caused by infection, but it can also be the result of a number of other conditions. Women with blocked fallopian tubes often struggle to get pregnant even after months of trying. Usually, surgery is prescribed to either bypass or open the fallopian tubes, however it is expensive and invasive procedure which may not always work.
Ayurvedic treatment is highly effective to naturally reverse hydrosalpinx and tubal blockage. Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that uses a variety of natural compounds to treat a wide range of conditions. There are a number of Ayurvedic medicines that can help to improve fertility and increase the chances of conception.
What are the Fallopian Tubes?
The fallopian tubes are two thin tubes that run from the ovaries to the uterus. They are also known as the uterine tubes or Salpinx. The tubes have a hair like structure inside them that works in both the directions, thus helping the egg travel from ovaries to the uterus and the sperm travel up from the womb.
Each month, an egg is released from one of the ovaries and travels through a fallopian tube to the uterus. While not necessary, yet majority of the times fertilization of the egg by the sperm happens in the fallopian tube.
If the egg is fertilized by a sperm while it is in the tube, it will implant in the uterus and develop into a baby. If the egg is not fertilized, it will pass out of the body during menstruation.
Blocked Fallopian Tubes
If the fallopian tube is blocked, the egg cannot travel down the tube and into the womb. The egg will eventually die and be absorbed by the body. If a woman has one blocked fallopian tube, she may still be able to conceive if the other fallopian tube is open. However, if both fallopian tubes are blocked, she will be unable to conceive.
Types of Blocked Fallopian Tubes
Fallopian tube blockages are a common cause of infertility as it can prevent the egg and sperm from meeting, and can also cause the egg to be damaged. There are two main types of blocked fallopian tubes:
- Hydrosalpinx: When a blockage causes the tube to dilate (swell) and fill with fluid, hydrosalpinx occurs. The fluid prevents fertilization by obstructing the egg and sperm.
- Tubal blockage is a condition in which the fallopian tubes are blocked by scar tissue due to endometriosis, fibroids, PID or ectopic pregnancy.
Fallopian Tubes can get blocked in three places:
- Proximal: Blockage of the fallopian tubes at their connection to the uterus is known as proximal tubal occlusion. Endometriosis, fibroids, mucus plugs, scarring or inflammation might all contribute to this sort of tubal disease. HSG is often used to diagnose proximal obstruction.
- Medial: The blocked fallopian tube is in the middle of the fallopian tubes. Adhesions, Ectopic pregnancy, endometriosis or inflammation can cause this type of blocked fallopian tube.
- Distal: The blocked fallopian tube is near fimbrae and the ovary. The blocked fallopian tube cause is usually due to pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis or sexually transmitted infections.
Symptoms of Blocked Fallopian Tubes
Infertility and Difficulty in getting Pregnant
Blocked fallopian tubes are one of the causes of female infertility, affecting nearly 25-30% of the women struggling with infertility and difficulty in conceiving. The medical term for the condition is tubal occlusion. Thus, when a woman fails to conceive after trying for a year, her doctor would suggest her to go through required tests for diagnosis.
Sometimes, a blockage in a fallopian tube can cause a fertilized egg to get stuck. This is known as an ectopic pregnancy.
Inflammation and Pain
Some women may experience discomfort in the pelvic region or abdomen as a consequence of a blocked fallopian tube and other conditions such as PID that accompany it. The pain might be mild, moderate, or severe, and it might happen around the menstruation.
Tubal blockage can also produce lower abdominal discomfort and foul vaginal discharge, but not everyone will experience them.
Period Problems and Hormonal Imbalance
Fallopian tube blockage is one of the main reasons for irregular periods. When the fallopian tubes are blocked, the egg is not able to travel down to the uterus, which can cause a hormonal imbalance. This can lead to skipped periods, or periods that are shorter or longer than normal. In some cases, women with blocked fallopian tubes may also experience heavier or lighter bleeding than usual.
Causes of Blocked Fallopian Tubes
The most common cause of blocked fallopian tubes is a condition called pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). PID is an infection of the reproductive organs that can be caused by a number of different bacteria. It is often sexually transmitted, but it can also be caused by other things such as surgery or childbirth. Sometimes, you may experience tubal blockage even if PID infection had subsided long ago.
Other causes of blocked fallopian tubes include:
- Adhesions due to Endometriosis or Adenomyosis
- Uterine Fibroids
- Scar tissue from previous surgeries
- Congential Anomalies
- Tuberculosis of the uterus
Ayurvedic Treatment for Blocked Fallopian Tubes
According to the Ayurvedic system of medicine, infertility due to tubal blockage can be correlated with srothorodha (blockade) in the artava vaha srotas (reproductive system pathways). The primary cause of blocked fallopian tubes is build up of toxins and an imbalance of the vata and kapha dosha. This can be due to a number of factors, including poor diet, stress, and exposure to toxins.
Ayurvedic treatment for hydrosalpinx typically involves a combination of herbal medicines, medicated enemas of the uterus (uttarbasti), diet & lifestyle changes and uterine massage to strengthen the reproductive system and unblock the fallopian tubes.
By following Ayurvedic treatment protocols, it is possible to effectively treat single or both blocked fallopian tubes and improve your overall fertility.
Ayurvedic Herbs to Treat Blocked Fallopian Tubes
Ayurvedic herbs are very effective in treating blocked fallopian tubes. These herbs help to improve circulation, promote detoxification to remove the blockade, and boost the fertility.
- Manjistha is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. It helps to purify the blood, improve circulation and reduce inflammation. In addition, it promotes internal healing to prevent scar tissues and endometriosis from spreading any further.
- Ginger is another effective herb to detox, reduce inflammation, support digestion and promote healing.
- Turmeric is an excellent herb for treating blocked fallopian tubes. It is highly effective for hydrosalpinx, mucus and scar tissues related blockage.
- Shatavari: It is a female reproductive system tonic that boosts fertility and promotes egg quality.
- Triphala: This is a mix of 3 powerful herbs that promote overall detoxification, support for digestion and immunity and improvement of circulation in the lower abdominal area.
- Ashoka: It helps to heal and prevent the scars inside and removes the build up of fluid or mucus inside the fallopian tubes. It is reproductive system tonic that also helps to boost fertility and hormone balance.
Diet and Lifestyle Tips to Naturally Treat Blocked Fallopian Tubes
One of the best things you can do to support your body in healing blocked fallopian tubes is to eat a nutrient-rich diet and practice a healthy lifestyle.
Some of the most important nutrients that are particularly supportive of fertility health include omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin E, zinc, and selenium. Make sure to include plenty of them in your diet. You can find all of these nutrients in foods like oily fish, nuts and seeds, leafy green vegetables, and whole grains.
In addition to eating a nutritious diet, it’s also important to avoid foods that can contribute to inflammation. This means limiting your intake of processed foods, refined sugars, and trans fats.
A healthy lifestyle helps to ensure optimal reproductive health.
- Exercising regularly helps to keep your stress low, promote detoxification and improve circulation in your body. Here you can find guidelines for fertility yoga.
- Reducing stress can help to improve hormonal balance and increase your chances of conceiving.
- Getting enough sleep is also important, as it helps your body to regenerate and heal.
- Avoiding exposure to harmful toxins can help to keep your reproductive system functioning properly.
Yoga Poses to Treat Hydrosalpinx
Yoga poses are very effective in treating hydrosalpinx. There are a number of yoga poses that can help to improve the function of the fallopian tubes and increase your chances of becoming pregnant. These yoga poses help to improve circulation, reduce inflammation, and promote healing.
Here are some of the best yoga poses to begin with:
- Shoulder stand
- Fish pose
- Cobra pose.
- Butterfly Pose
- Legs up the Wall Pose
- Camel Pose
- Bridge Pose
- Sun Salutation
- Pranayama or Breathing Exercises
If you suspect that you may have a blockage, it is important to see an Ayurvedic doctor so that they can tailor a treatment plan for your specific requirements. Ayurvedic treatment is effective to unblock the fallopian tubes and restore fertility.
By taking a holistic approach to fertility, it is possible to improve your chances of conceiving naturally.
Consult with Medhya’s Ayurvedic Doctors to get your personalised health plan involving prescription for Ayurvedic medicine, diet, yoga and lifestyle guidelines.
What is the best treatment for blocked tubes?
One of the best treatments for blocked tubes is through Ayurveda. This approach to medicine helps to unblock the channels and tubes in the body so that they can function properly again. According to Ayurveda, there are three main channels in the body that can become blocked: the liver, the spleen, and the kidneys. To unblock these channels, Ayurvedic doctors use a variety of methods, including massage, acupuncture, and herbs. In some cases, surgery may also be necessary. However, Ayurveda offers a gentle and natural approach to restoring health and preventing disease. As such, it is an excellent choice for those seeking an alternative to conventional medicine.
How can I get pregnant with blocked tubes?
Blocked tubes are not always a permanent problem. There are times when the blockage is due to a single obstruction or buildup of scar tissue. In these cases, it can be treated with Ayurvedic herbal medicines or a surgery to repair the blockage.
However, in some cases, the blockage is due to a structural problem with the Fallopian tubes that cannot be corrected. If you have been diagnosed with blocked Fallopian tubes, there are still options available for becoming pregnant. One option is in vitro fertilization (IVF), which involves retrieving eggs from the ovaries and fertilizing them in a laboratory dish before implanting them in the uterus. IVF can be an effective treatment for couples with blocked Fallopian tubes, and it has a high success rate. Another option is to use donor eggs or sperm. This involves using eggs or sperm from another person to fertilize your own egg or sperm. The resulting embryo is then implanted in your uterus. Donor eggs and sperm are readily available, and they can provide a successful way to become pregnant for couples with blocked Fallopian tubes.
Can hydrosalpinx be cured without surgery?
Hydrosalpinx is a condition in which the fallopian tubes are blocked and filled with fluid. This can cause infertility, as well as pain and other symptoms. Although surgery is the most common treatment for hydrosalpinx, it is not the only option. In some cases, hydrosalpinx can be cured without surgery. Ayurvedic medicine, for example, offers a variety of treatments that can be effective in treating this condition. These include herbs, massage, and special exercises. Some women may also find relief from acupuncture or homeopathy. While these methods may not work for everyone, they can provide an alternative to surgery for those who do not want to undergo this type of procedure.
Effect of Kumari Taila Uttar Basti on fallopian tube blockage
Infertility caused by tubal blockage: An ayurvedic appraisal
AYURVEDIC MANAGEMENT OF INFERTILITY DUE TO TUBAL BLOCKAGE- A CASE STUDY
Blocked fallopian tubes and its management with ayurvedic medicine: A case study
AYURVEDIC INTERVENTION IN THE MANAGEMENT OF
TUBAL BLOCKAGE – A CASE STUDY